Saturday 12 January 2013

Laura On Moods

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, as you can imagine holidays have taken over both mine and Jackson's lives but here we go.

I've noticed lately that I always relax to different music. When I'm on the beach, I listen to my latest downloads which are obviously the hits being played on the radio or at parties at the moment. But if I'm lying in bed at night, that is the last thing I would even dream of listening to. I have a playlist which includes my personal favourites such as Missy Higgins, Nora Jones, even some Ray Charles or Etta James.

Depending on what mood I'm in, I listen to different things, but the interesting part is that I could be in the happiest mood and want to listen to the most mellow of songs; for example: Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles. Or I could be in the worst mood just sad as ever and want to listen to I'm So Excited by the Pointer Sisters... But that's the thing! Music somehow or another has all control over my body and my mind.

I'd love to do research and be able to see how deep music really goes because imagine if it could help people with depression without making them dwell too much on their own lives.

There is a saying: When we're happy, we listen to the music. But when we're sad, we understand the lyrics.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment