Sunday 13 January 2013

Jackson On - The Oscars 2013

So we're coming up to the oscars, a very exciting time for all movie lovers, and all involved in cinema. So this year, as it is every year, the question is who will win the Oscar for best film?

Now, I have seen Les Mis, and loved it, being a musical kid. And though it was good, I think Zero Dark Thirty will win, and I hope it does. Lets not forget that Zero Dark Thirty is made by the same brilliant minds behind The Hurt Locker, an astounding film, which did win the Oscar. Zero Dark Thirty, as I am writing this, is not out in Australia yet, but if it is as good as the Hurt Locker, it takes the cake, and from the many trailers I've seen, it looks like this is the case.
Best actor should hopefully go to Hugh Jackman for Les Mis, he was awesome in this. It's hard to pick a best actress and best director at this point for me, as all the nominees look good. Original screenplay should go to Zero Dark Thirty. Visual effects in my opinion is down to The Hobbit, or maybe The Avengers, and as much as I love the Avengers, I think the Hobbit had better visual effects. Cinematography is hard to choose, but I hope Skyfall takes that. Costume should go to Les Mis. Editing is another hard one to choose, though Zero Dark Thirty is nominated for that one. Make-Up and Hair should go to The Hobbit or Les Mis, as I think it'll go to Les Mis. Best Music, now this is a disappointment, as I believe The Hobbit should've been nominated for this, as well as the Dark Knight Rises, as both have epic music, but as neither of them were nominated, I hope it goes to Skyfall, same goes for the original song, Adele's Skyfall was a great song. Best Production Design to Hobbit or Les Mis. Sound editing and sound mixing are hard to choose, but Les Mis was great music and sound, so maybe the sound mixing to Les Mis.

I may have been a little bias, some of my favorite movies have been nominated. I love any James Bond film, especially Skyfall which was fantastic. I'm a superhero fanatic, seriously crazy about them. And I love sci-fi and fantasy, the Hobbit being one of my favorite books, ad was also one of my favorite films, one of many of course. I mean, come on, who doesn't love Martin Freeman?!

- Jackson

2 comments:

  1. There were more than six movies made in 2012. I highly doubt only six will win awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the ones that were nominated for the Golden Globes, I think we can draw from those nominations that these ones are the ones that will win awards. But I do agree with you, there were a lot of movies made in 2012, a lot of good ones too.

    ReplyDelete