Monday 5 November 2012

Laura On Grease

Apart from the hair gel overload and the long skirts, Grease is one of the best movie ever made for a muso like me. The music, the dacing and the all round vibe of the movie is infectious.

As a kid I would run around the house singing Grease songs pretending I was Sandy. Although I now truly understand the movie and the content, as a child it was always something i could have fun to. Grease Lightning in particular is one of the best songs and I think John Travolta did a really good job with the vocals. Australia's young and talented Olivia Newton-John knocks it out of the park every time with her goodie good portrayal of Sandy.

It really makes me wonder why music and movie like this aren't what we listen to now! I would have loved to dance around with friends to music with actual instruments. Being able to walk into a diner and choose the songs you listened to with the help of a quarter.

Do you wish music was the same as 30-40 years ago? And on a completely different note: do you think John Travolta is secretly gay?

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment