Friday 24 August 2012

Laura On Missy Higgins

Taking what Jackson said and putting my own spin on it: this woman is my absolute idol! Ever since I bought her album The Ol' Razzle Dazzle I've listened to it 17 times so far. As for On A Clear Night and Sound Of White I lost count.

Her lyrics are so different and tell a story without being too much like a powm. Her music and instrumentation changes from album to album. I have to say, my favourite songs from the new album are Temporary Love, Cooling Of The Embers and Set Me On Fire. I know Everyone's Waiting and Unashamed Desire were hits and I truly love those songs but I think on an album, there is a lot of unheard greatness that most people can't be bothered searching for- the same goes for unheard artists. People just like to stay 'mainstream' because it's easier. Well I disagree!

I'm so glad she decided to start writing and recording again because to be honest, in my opinion, it's what she was put on this Earth to do: write music for the pleasure of people like me who once we start the album, have it on rotation!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment